Ways to save at CVS
1) Get an Extra Care Card (ECC). This is their store savings card that tracks all of your purchases, gives you Extra Care Bucks (ECB's), and a host of other things! You need this card and it's free and easy. You can apply online for it, but you can also just get one from the cashier.
2) The Magic Coupon Machine. I'm not sure what the actual name of this machine is, but it is a stand-alone machine in the store. In just about every store I've seen, there are arrows on the floor pointing you to the direction of the machine. You simply scan your Extra Care Card on the machine and it will spit out anywhere from 2 to 20 CVS coupons! Sometimes these coupons are for $.50 off of a candy bar, and sometimes they are $5 off of a $20 purchase. They are widely varied and can be stacked with manufacturer coupons!!!! Many assume that you only swipe once, but always scan your card until it tells you there are no more coupons for today.
3) Join the Beauty Club! There are tear-off pads in the beauty department and sometimes at the register. Just take it with you when you check out and hand it to the cashier. They'll scan the barcode after they've scanned your ECC and you'll be automatically enrolled. At the end of your receipt, you'll get a coupon for 10% off your next beauty purchase in the next 3 days + you'll get a $5 ECB every time you spend $50 on any beauty products.
4) Get a Green Bag Tag (will cost you $.99) and earn $1 ECB every 4 times you use your own reusable bag! This is a little green tag that you attach to your own reusable bag. Each time you go in and use it instead of one of their plastic bags, have them scan the bar code on the tag. Every 4th time you use it, a $1 ECB will print at the bottom of our receipt.
5) Register your ECC online and sign-up for the CVS emails! You'll get an immediate $4 off of a $20 purchase coupon, but you'll also get random coupons sent from time to time to your email that can usually be used in-store or online!
6) Visit cvs.com for even more CVS coupons that can be printed and stacked with manufacturer coupons.
7) Like CVS on facebook and qualify for special offers and deals (periodically available).
8) Visit sites like hip2save.com, welovefree.wordpress.com, and southernsavers.com to get the weekly deal match-ups! They do all the hard work for you by scouring the weekly ad and matching up coupons from the internet, Sunday paper, and everywhere else you can imagine. Then they give you a list of exactly what to buy, how many, and what coupons to use (and where to find the coupons) for the ultimate savings!
9) Once a quarter you'll get 2% cash back from CVS for everything you've spent! Now, I save a lot of money at CVS and normally don't spend all that much - but I spent $97.01 during the last quarter, so I'll get an ECB printed at the end of my receipt on January 1st (or whenever I go in after that) for about $2! Not much, but every little bit counts!
10) Always save your ECB's that print at the bottom of your receipt! These are like cash that can be spent at CVS on anything (well, there are a few restrictions - stamps, gift cards, tobacco, etc.). Store them in a safe place where you'll be able to remember them each time you visit the store!