Jun 6, 2011

Coupon Clippers, Target Gift Cards, and CVS Deals

So, yesterday was a really busy day for me. Yesterday afternoon I attended my very first Coupon Clippers Meeting - and it was so much fun! It was relatively small yesterday (with only 4 of us), but I think that was perfect! It's so simple, yet so smart! We all brought the un-clipped coupon inserts that we didn't want/need. Everyone brought their own scissors and we just visited and clipped coupons - passing on each pile when we were finished. I was able to get 3 extra John Freida Shampoo/Conditioner coupons - that helped me to score an amazing deal at Target today (I'll tell you all about that later). I was also able to get an extra Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor coupon that I'll use tomorrow at Walgreen's! One lady was looking for Iambs Pet Coupons, and another lady wanted Smart Balance Milk and everyone knew I had a baby, so they gave me all the diaper/wipe coupons!We all just worked together and looked out for the coupons that we knew each other needed! So fun!

So, armed with multiples of my favorite coupons, I was able to go to CVS last night and get the following:
1 L'Oreal Revitalize Moisturizer on sale for $11.99 (normally $17.89)
1 Huggies Snug and Dry Jumbo Pack - $8.99
1 Huggies Nature Care Wipes - $3.29
1 Colgate 360 Toothbrush - $2.79
1 Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste - $2.79
2 Ivory Soap 3-packs - $.99 each
2 Schick Hydro 5 Razors - $9.99
Total: $54.60 (after tax)
*Total Out of Pocket Expense: $4.14
*After B1G1 sale, CVS coupons, MF Coupons, and ECB's

Target is having quite a few good sales this week that give you $5 Gift Cards when you meet their minimum purchase requirements. One of them is for John Freida shampoo/conditioner. When you buy 3 products, you get a $5 GC. So, I did two transactions, with all the shampoo/conditioner in the first so I could use the gift cards on the rest of my items.
Here is what I got:
4 John Freida Root Awakening Shampoo/Condition - $4.99 each
2 John Freida Full Repair Shampoo/Conditioner - $5.99 each
Nivea Body Wash - $3.04
Sally Hansen Foot File - $4.99
2 Nexcare Children's Bandages - $1.70 each
3 Penn Tennis Balls - $2.19 each**
2 Morningstar Veggie Burgers - $2.99 each
Total: $58.97 (with tax)
*Total Out of Pocket Expense: $14.26
*After sales, Target Coupons, MF Coupons, and Gift Cards
** The tennis balls were not on sale & I had no coupons - I just needed them. If you take them out of the equation, I would have spent about $7.26 on all the other stuff!!!

Between CVS and Target I got $113.57 worth of products for a total out of pocket expense of $18.40! It was a little work, but because I had all of my coupons organized in my handy-dandy binder, it really only took me about 15 minutes to get everything from my shopping list to my coupons pulled together and put in an envelope and ready to walk out the door! Organization is  HUGE time-saver! Happy Shopping everyone!!!

No comments: