Apr 2, 2012

Extra Savings for the Super Thrifty

Viggle is a loyalty program for television that gives people real rewards for checking into the television shows they’re watching. Currently available for Apple iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, Viggle automatically identifies what television shows its users are watching and awards them points when they check-in. Viggle users can redeem their points in the app’s rewards catalogue for items such as movie tickets, music, gift cards and much more.


Here are a few examples of the points you could collect tonight:

325 points for checking into the Final Four Games tonight at 9:00

225 points for checking into Dancing with the Stars tonight at 8:00, or 250 points for checking into The Voice.


What do the points earn you? Here are some examples: 
7,500 points gets you a $5 Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Burger King, CVS, or Papa Johns Gift Card
14,000 points gets you a $10 iTunes, JCPenny, Sephora, Banana Republic, Foot Locker, GAP, or Old Navy Gift Card
17,500 points gets you a free movie ticket from Fandango (up to a $12 value)
21,000 points gets you a $15 gift card from Chili's
37,500 points gets you a $25 gift card from Best Buy


I downloaded the app 6 days ago and already have over 9,800 points! So - you see there are quite a few options for a wide variety of point ranges! Personally, I'm saving up my points for the bigger prizes. It really is so easy! And I don't have cable or dish - just my bunny ears. So, if you have cable - you have a lot more options!

Shopkick gives you awesome deals and rewards simply for walking into your favorite stores. You can collect your kicks™ rewards at millions of stores in America, and great deals at many of the top national retailers. Once again, it is an app that you download onto your iPhone or Android. Simply open the app and walk into your favorite stores (Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Staples...there are millions of stores listed). Sometimes you get kicks (which are like points) just for walking in. Sometimes the store wants to promote a certain item and you'll have to find that item in the store and scan the barcode to get your kicks.

For the first time in several months, I went to the mall all by myself on Saturday morning. As I was sitting there in the early morning, sipping my coffee and watching all the mall walkers from my comfy spot outside of Macy's, I decided to take a look at the Shopkick app that I had downloaded on my phone months ago, but never used. I simply clicked the nearby tab and it found me there in the mall and gave me points just for being there. Then I saw that I could get 100 kicks just for going into Macy's and trying out the new Dolce and Gabana Light perfume. There were about 3 other stops within the mall that I could make (none of the other required me to try anything - just check in). Before I left the mall I had 177 kicks and it was really fun.

The rewards for kicks are varied - but include retailers like Target, Best Buy, iTunes, Old Navy, Restaurant.com, ToysRus, and lots of others. Rewards start at $2 and go on up from there. Just click here to get started!

Swagbucks. I know you're probably getting sick of hearing me talk about it, but I just deposited $20 worth of amazon.com gift cards in my amazon account, and I just earned another 675 swagbucks - that will earn me another $5 gift card...and all through Swagbucks. So, I just have to mention it AGAIN! Swagbucks.com is an online portal dedicated to helping you earn digital dollars called "Swag Bucks", which can be redeemed for exclusive Swagbucks.com merchandise. You earn the swagbucks by searching the web through their browser, taking surveys, voting in the daily poll, completing special offers, and lots of other ways.

One of my favorite ways to earn big swagbucks is to participate in their special offers. Here is what I do:
Look under the special offers tabs and find the ones that offer "FREE TRIALS". Most of these are things like Netflix, FreeCreditReport.com, Stamps.com, Luminosity, emusic.com, etc. Most of these offer big bucks (like 600+ swagbucks) - for a NO RISK FREE TRIAL. If you sign up for one of these offers every week - that is enough to get you a $5 amazon.com gift card every single week (with a little extra). In fact, that will be enough to get you a total of 5 per month. Simply mark on your calendar when the trial period is over so that you can cancel if you're not interested in continuing - and you've taken on NO additional cost and earned $5!

Plus, do the following for more Swagbucks (SB's):
  • Download the toolbar and you'll get 1 SB every day just for having it.
  • Use the browser for all of your internet searches and you'll earn SB's.
  • Use their coupon database (powered by coupons.com) and earn 10 SB's every time you use one! 
  • Vote on their daily poll (literally takes about 5 seconds) and earn 1 SB every day.

So there you have it! Three ways to save some extra big-bucks! Have fun!




No comments: